Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The year in numbers

I started a long and reflective post, but I've changed my mind- instead I give you 2013 remembered in numbers:
493 Instagram pictures or videos taken many of the hammock in my back yard where I relaxed my way into summer- lots of my two beautiful and fantastic kids- plenty of fabulous feasts
13 interviews half of which I really thought I had the job.
8 years anniversary of being a mom- Abby turned 8 in April. A crazy concept since 4 seconds ago I was wondering what she was going to be like when she was born.
3 schools I taught long term in- Scott 2nd grade- so difficult! Hammond 2nd grade- so easy! Hoover 4th grade- so fun!
48 tomatoes harvested- my first ever raised veggie garden in our beautiful backyard was so wonderful.
7 seats in our new minivan- taking us up to a 2 car family for the first time in 4 years. It has transformed our lives and was a gift!
10 years of marriage- a decade growing more and more amazed and in love with my dear husband. Celebrated with super fun trip to Vancouver.
5k I "ran" for The Church on the Run- such a fun thing to see come from idea in my living room to fruition. 
6 years of being a mom to a boy- the sweetest, most clever little toddler has grown into the sweetest, creative little boy. He tells me at least once a day that he loves me.
30 people in our house at one time- this was the year of "Johnson hangouts." A house packed full of people talking and laughing and sharing and praying. Although the season has come to an end for that, it was a big part of this year.
3 sister dates- getting away with my two sisters who know me more truthfully than anyone else and can do fun in ways no one else may understand heals my soul.
52+ youth events/retreats/meetings- I've certainly lost track, but oh how I love these teenagers and the team that gives their lives for them.
3 weddings- got to be in 3 fantastic events of love this year. The couples and their personality shone through in each one and they were delightful.
1 911 call- our house was broken into in June. All that was lost was that that could be replaced.
10,000+ blessings- minute by minute God was providing for us in ways known and unknown. Healthy kids, financial provision, wise council, mountains of forgiveness and grace, strengthened marriage, rich friendships, comfort and compassion.

My 2013 has been 1 for the record books.


No comments:

Post a Comment