Saturday, December 14, 2013

proc·ess ˈpräˌses,ˈpräsəs,ˈprō-/ noun 1. a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.

I have decided that I too would like to join the world of "bloggers."
I have loved words for a long time. Writing them, speaking them, teaching them, reading them, learning them, and hearing them consume nearly my entire life. Although I have at times been frustrated with the the distance that words can not cover in communicating my thoughts, inner turmoil, or ideas- I have been more delighted to see what words could help me see of those things.
I am hoping that this process- this blogging with accomplish several particular ends for me:

Sometimes my heart and mind need a little structure- their states of matter are generally liquid and therefore need something to create shape for them- I am hoping writing/typing them out will make them beautiful and purposeful.

I also seek to reveal a little more truth and honesty with myself and those who observe me. I adore Facebook and Instagram and some might categorize my love for them as an addiction, but I fear in my attempt to be positive, appropriate, encouraging, and blissful to the internet world, I have also shown only the best versions of myself and my family. To a casual onlooker- our little family is a smiling, witty, go-lucky bunch of blonds; when the whole picture includes many petty (and not petty) fights, disappointment, unfiltered doubt, frustration, and mess. This blog will not be a downer, pity party, drama machine, but I promise it will be a place where I will attempt to share more and be more honest with and about myself and you- the reader.

Additionally, I want to be a better writer. I am no longer content being a once-good-writer. And as much as my spontaneous self screams in protest- I gotta practice to be better. I will hopefully allow/force/commit myself to regularly sitting down and putting my thoughts into words. Sometimes that will mean blog posts full of mundane rambling of every day realities, sometimes I will undergo self assigned writing exercises focused on specific skills, and hopefully on occasion some discerning explorations into humanity, philosophy, and/or humor.

Lastly, I just need a place to get what it in my head to where I can hear it and read it and smell it and test it. I need a place to process. I need a place move through wherever it is that my heart and brain have stalled- often without my awareness. I have a tendency to pass over things quickly (there are many reasons for this, to be explored another time), and therefore my thoughts, feeling, and occasionally, body don't catch up. This has tripped me up a time or two, not unlike an untied shoe.

So...I know there are millions of blogs in the world, but if you would like to follow this one and join me in this process, I welcome the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment